Nollywood actor Ani Iyoho is allegedly suffering severe burns following a botched fire scene on the set of movie director, Stanlee Ohikhuare’s film project.
From the clip shared by Famous Blog, Iyoho appears to be playing a fire stunt, but things go downwards after the fire seemingly cannot be put out on time. A fire extinguisher also seems to fail, and we hear several shouts for someone to get an extinguisher.
The emerging Nollywood actor is seen struggling and yelling as other people on the set fight to put out the fire. However, surprisingly, the camera kept rolling through out this ordeal, until the actor collapsed by the side of the road.
At the end of the clip we see shots of a badly burnt Iyoho confined to a hospital bed and strapped with a gas mask.
Iyoho’s friends are scrounging for funds to save the actor’s life, while the movie producers Kelechi Udegbe and Ugochukwu Azikiwe are allegedly on the run. Also, the director Stanlee Ohikhuare reportedly could not be reached to confirm the exact details of the ‘stunt gone wrong’.
However, it was reported that this could also be a publicity stunt by the fairly known filmmaker to draw social media attention to his work.
According to the publication, an undisclosed source is reported to have said
“Na lie, Ani is fine. Nothing happened to him,”
And this as well: “He has been attending several events after we completed shoot. I don’t know if the director is in on this stunt but we discussed something like that a few weeks ago.”
At the 2015 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award, Stanlee Ohikhuare won the Best Cinematographer (Movie/ TV), and at the 2016 version of same prestigious award ceremony, he bagged yet another nod for Best Lighting Designer (Movie/TV Series).
Watch the disturbing clip here: